Brief: Crookz is a tactical strategy game set in the funky 1970’s; utilizing espionage and quick-thinking to avoid detection. Implement a successful strategy by assembling and kitting out your team before the job and planning the best way in. Focus on coordination of simultaneous actions with multiple characters using pause and plan and execute features.
Outline: 20+ people, PC Windows, Linux and Mac, using Unreal Engine 3.0
Developer: Skilltree Studios a Kalypso Media Group Studio
Publisher: Kalypso Media GmbH
Official Page: www.crookz-game.com
Position: Level Designer
Time frame: December 2013 – August 2015
- Design, build and documentation of 11 of 28 levels
- Featuring high replayability with multiple solutions with different character combinations and loadouts
- Including all 3 “Boss Levels”
- Plus vertical slice level for first public announcement at GamesCom 2014 in Cologne
- Setup of in-game cinematics and feedback animations via Unreal Matinee
- Beautification of levels
- Design test level for gameplay prototyping in Unreal Engine 3 and Unity 3.5
- Developed effective structured Level Design workflow process
- Scripting of gameplay logic in Unreal Kismet
- Extension of our custom classes using Unreal Script
- Developed pitching documents and presentations for new IPs
- Contribute to Game Design, Programming, Writing and Art departments
- Contribute to Level Design workflow processes
San Francisco Museum (first chapter boss level)
Heist Objectives San Francisco Museum:
- Switch of the four camera terminals connected to the four cameras which watch the main treasure (4/4)
- Transport the treasure to restoration room
- Exchange the treasure with the faked one
- Transport the fake back to exhibition
- Meet up at the exhibition to play the act of stealing the green tiger and get caught
Let’s play of San Francisco Museum within the Kalypso Stream
My colleagues from Game Design are playing my first chapter highlight heist:
Feature Request Example
I always proactively try to improve the experience of the games I work on. This is how I usually document feature requests or changes.
First my prefered version (Fig.1). This case most realistic and expected.
Then an alternative version which is not perfect but better as the current version but easier to achieve(Fig.2). This case more forgiving version.
Both versions im comparison with the current implementation(Fig3).
Federal Bank (Second chapter boss level)
Let’s play of Federal Reserve Bank within the Kalypso Stream
My colleagues from Game Design are playing my second chapter highlight heist:
Me showcasing the Challenge Mode of Crookz
My colleague (right) and me (left) revealing the Challenge Mode of Crookz